Wednesday 30 March 2011

Delayed

Ok, I am very sorry that I haven't posted in an age, but after some cajoling from my friends and inspiration from some other amazing blogs, I thought it couldn't hurt to post again. So here we go...

Since I last posted Spring has come in Leeds, well sort of. First came the crocuses (at least a week after the south had them) and Hyde park is now full of daffodils and even some random Hyacinths. The birds have started singing their summer songs, the trees are budding, and the sun has actually occasionally shown its face, oh and the first barbecues have been had in the park, students don't hang around where Leeds sunshine is concerned! I would take some better photos but unfortunately the sun has now decided its bored of shining and we're back behind the clouds.

Anyway if a spring update bores you, here are (it is a Wednesday after all) some intriguing design finds...
Mix Tape eReader Case - Teal with Multi-colored Stripes
This is actually an eReader Case, but I would love the idea as a iPod case, even though it would admittedly be tiny, because I think the irony would be great. 

Mini-Terrarium link
My mum used to have one of these when I was younger. I'd completely forgotten about the idea, but I'm quite tempted to  have a go at making one over Easter. I love the way the bunting updates it and how you could let your imagination run wild! 
Village cushions link
This is an incredibly cute idea, and reasonably easy too. Maybe I could make some for my cousins?

Engraved Topaz Locking Poison Ring with Key on Chain Link
I love the romantic mystery which surround this locking ring. Although poison sounds a bit sinister apparently these rings also historically carried perfume or locks of hair, which fits in better with my romantic take on things!


No comments:

Post a Comment