Friday 7 January 2011

Art work day 2

Well after being inspired by the drawing fashion exhibition it was only natural that I'd have ago. Here's my first attempt. I still need a lot of practises and I really would like some decent brushes but I like it all the same.

This picture shows the first stage which is me trying to work out the outline. I wanted the model to remain featureless so opted for a block background colour to create a silhouette. If this was a proper fashion illustration I would  have to extend the legs to make the figure 10 heads long rather than the natural 7 that this image roughly is.

This image had some out a bit bleached which doesn't give you the write idea of the colours or allow you to see the tights on the legs, however it still shows the principles of of the dress and fabric being in detail whilst the figure remains just a silhouette. I really enjoyed painting in this style and technique and it something I will continue to practise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment