Tuesday 25 January 2011

The Black Swan

Tonight I went to see The Black Swan- it having been highly recommended to me by my friends.  The acting is amazing, the story thrilling and mind twisting, but the beautiful costumes were also something that caught my eye. As you'd expect from a ballet film the tutus were amazing, but as was the dress Nina (Natalie Portman) wore to the hand over party. Although I can't find a picture of it I will assure you it was beautiful- swan white with ornately decorated straps, an open back, which fully took advantage of Natalie's ridiculously slight frame. Below are some images of the beautiful costumes.

White swan dress in the mirror
Feathers were used artfully to give the dress the required swanlike appearance.

The elegant Black Swan tutu

Black swan dress
This image begins to give an insight into the beautiful detailing ion the bodice.

Back of the white swan tutu
I loved the way the feathers gave way to the plunging back

Princess dress
The innocence captured in this virgin princess dress

No comments:

Post a Comment