Monday 10 January 2011

Fashion wish list part 4

Today it is miserable and grey outside, not to mention my deadline day, so to cheer myself up I thought I'd show some beautiful and interesting dresses.
http://moxiefashionista.blogspot.com/2010/04/elie-saab-on-red-carpet.html
Eli Saab has to be my favourite designer. I love his floaty romantic dresses, and the way, whilst his fabrics and  shapes may remain similar season on season, the patterns and colours mean that every dress is beautiful and original. I always enjoy checking out his latest seasons design.


I also think his dresses look better on actresses than they do on models, have a look at the link above.
http://www.eliesaab.com/site.html

I like the original design of this dress, with the turned over collar and contrasting fabrics. However I'm not convinced by the hitched skirt, which to me, just looks a bit out of place. 
Coggles denim stripe dress

I love the colours of this Vivienne Westwood dress, as well as its shape and design features like the corset bodice. It brings a very modern twist to the classic shape, beautifully complimented by the unconventionally shaped rever collar.
Vivienne Westwood at my-wardrobe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment